|
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Take me as i am Man its been a busy Chinese New Year. None stop visiting for the past 3 days. I guess not much has changed. I mean every time the family meet the standard questions will be asked "Oh you still studying? At Where? How long more before you graduate?" Nevertheless it's great to see everyone again. After all we only meet once a year. However this New Year brings new thoughts. Maybe its the age thing when we all start to grow up and have more responsibilities. How long more will i be able to receive the red packet before its time for me to give? Apparently its starting to happen when 2 of my relatives forgotten to give me red packet. It seems that as we grow older the less red packet we will receive. It seems like a sad truth, more responsibilities and less red packets. Well at least in my case. On a brighter note, my luck seems to be getting better. Won abit of black jack with my boyfriend, we sort of have this alliance to share our 'investment'. I think we work well as a couple. My teacher once told me that a person's other half makes up 80% of his/her success. I'm starting to believe there is a certain truth to that. To think about it, if i have a boyfriend who puts me down telling me how less a human i am, i'll probably be a very unconfident person. The fact works the same if my boyfriend is one whose always reassuring me that i'm a great person. Took quite a few relationships for me to figure that out. Sometimes we lose our way in recognizing who we really are and hope to find it from someone else. The truth is, how well do we really know ourselves? Everyday I'm discovering new things i never know until it was pointed out to me. Do you really know who you are? Or are some of us just in denial of our own identity? If not, why do so many people seek to mimic celebrities or actors? Can we not accept who we are that we are unique in our own way? I always felt its nice to meet people who are comfortable in their own skin. They don't have to the most gorgeous looking person, but they certainly have their own charm and charisma. I'm not perfect, however i do try to be real to people i meet. Learning to be who i am and accept the person i am. I guess we can never please everyone we meet, the very least i am real. People just have to 'Take me as i am', it makes life easier and happier. =) )(what do you think? | |
Profile
LINKS
EXTRAS
Under Construction Tagboard |